viernes, 27 de mayo de 2011

They all understand the suffering that Anxiety causes.

I dont like having to negotiate to get what I see as my right. I do find it difficult to be assertive - its hard for me to say no. I have searched for guidance in the form of confidence and assertiveness classes. I used to find it difficult to be assertive but not now. Understanding compulsions There are often two elements to compulsions: Walk to postbox, post letter. In fact the underlying problem is the same - learning to tolerate Anxiety until it dies down and eventually goes away. Achievement: I have to do everything perfectly or else Im a failure. Acceptability: everyone has to be pleased with me or else Im not good enough. Trust: if I trust, I will be hurt. Control: if I ask for help Im weak or if I feel anxious Im losing control. OCD and core beliefs People with OCD often have core beliefs around perfection, responsibility and punishment that are linked together. When you are lying awake, are you troubled by anxious thoughts and/or physical symptoms of Anxiety? Almost any part of your body can be affected by Anxiety. ABOUT SHARING AND ISOLATION Controlling my breathing as best as I could and gently encouraging myself, I staggered towards a payphone and called a friend for a bit of confidence boosting. When you have kept a record for a week or so, compare it with the model below. This is also why someone with, say, a cleaning ritual might well end up doing no cleaning at all - better not to start in the first place. Breathe out slowly. It wont hurt you, in fact it will help you. What are the alternative ways of approaching this? Also you can look into the past - worrying that you made a bad job of something will cause you to try harder the next time. This decision is complicated by the fact that you are bound to feel a bit daunted at the start of a self-help programme - the journey seems so long, and the ultimate goal of recovery so very unobtainable. Start by writing down your worries in your notebook - this will help you see them more objectively. Be in control, its not that great a sin. I am making progress but I could wish it was faster. Im learning to drive. I catastrophise, underestimate my ability to cope, filter out the positive. I used to catastrophise, but I dont now. Breathing into and out of your cupped hands has a similar effect. What would I do if the worst haped?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario